The Katz Institute for Women's Health
Northwell Health at Long Island Jewish Medical Center | 270-05 76th Avenue, New Hyde Park, NY 11040
Northwell Health at Long Island Jewish Medical Center is committed to women's health and family-centered care. Our state-of-the-art Katz Women's Hospitals on the Northwell Health and LIJ Medical Center campuses reflect the heart of that commitment, as well as our dedication to service, comfort and elegance.
In 2012 alone, the 88-bed hospital at LIJ Medical Center delivered 5,879 babies, an increase of 910 from 2011. Its sister 73-bed facility at Northwell Health delivered 6,343 babies in 2012, an increase of five percent over 2011. Our Katz Women's Hospitals take care to new heights of excellence. Each location has been designed to help women take full advantage of Northwell Health at Long Island Jewish Medical Center's world class spectrum of services, and will provide you and your family with the highest levels of support and care.
Unique features of the Katz Women's Hospitals
- Private labor, delivery and recovery rooms
- Single maternity rooms, equipped with private bathrooms and showers
- Overnight accommodations for loved ones
- Flat-screen TVs and wireless Internet
- Special single rooms for high-risk mothers
- Well-baby newborn nurseries
- Newborn intensive care units
- Four dedicated operating rooms
- Stabilization units for immediate response to any emergencies for newborns
- Comfortable gathering areas on each floor
The Katz Women's Hospital's outcomes for both mothers and infants are among the best in the nation. By offering the largest range of neonatal services and the best maternal/fetal medicine specialists available, we are able to handle any situation successfully - whether the mother has a pre-existing condition or develops a complication, or the newborn requires complex surgery.