Hospital Procedures That We Provide
Every day, women experience perinatal issues that need to be seen by a highly specialized and experienced doctor. At Women for Women Obstetrics and Gynecology, our professionals perform surgeries to treat your problem. Surgeries are performed at Northwell Health at the Long Island Jewish Medical Center or Ambulatory Women’s Surgery Suite. Visit the best obgyn in Nassau County to get your gynecological procedure done.
Surgeries and Procedures Offered at Women for Women
There are many different gynecology surgeries and procedures. While most conditions we treat with medicine or changes in lifestyle, sometimes surgeries are required. At Women for Women, the best obgyn in Nassau County, we perform ambulatory and inpatient surgeries. Some of the surgical procedures that we can perform include:
- Hysteroscopic Fibroid Removal
- Endometrial Ablation
- Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
- Abdominal Hysterectomy
- Procedure: A thin, lighted tube is inserted into the vagina that allows your doctor to see the cervix and uterus. This is helpful for doctors to be able to diagnose and treat the cause of your abnormal bleeding.
- Your doctor might recommend this surgery for many different reasons. One reason would be to aid in the removal of polyps or fibroids or to discover malformation in the uterus. It might also be combined with a laparoscopic procedure or before a D&C (dilation and curettage) procedure.
- Procedure: Removing the uterus and/or other structures surrounding the vagina. This is a minimally invasive procedure as it uses small instruments to remove the uterus. The uterus is removed through two to three small incisions in the abdomen. The incisions will leave a few small scars.
- Procedure: The doctor removes the uterus through an opening in the abdomen. Typically, the doctor will start with either a vertical or horizontal incision in the abdomen. Because the incision is quite large, it will likely leave a visible scar, unlike a laparoscopic hysterectomy. Today, this approach is generally avoided due to the less invasive techniques available.
Hysteroscopic Fibroid Removal
- Procedure: Through the use of a hysteroscope, doctors will view the uterus to find uterine fibroids. They then remove these fibroids through channels in the scope, as long as they are small enough. Since there are no incisions required for this procedure, patients are generally sent home right after the surgery and do not need much time to recover.
- Procedure: Material from the lining of the uterus is surgically removed. This type of procedure cannot be done if the patient plans on having children in the future.
- Your doctor might recommend surgery because of heavy bleeding that lasts for eight days or longer and cannot be controlled by medicine. Another reason will be bleeding between periods and if you have anemia because of your period.
- Procedure: Removing uterine fibroids, which are noncancerous growths in the uterus. These uterine fibroids create heavy bleeding and pelvic pressure. This type of surgery is best for women with fibroids who still want to get pregnant in the future. Unlike a hysterectomy which takes out your entire uterus, a myomectomy leaves the uterus in place. It can be done in three different ways: abdominal myomectomy, laparoscopic myomectomy, and hysteroscopic myomectomy.
- Your doctor might recommend surgery because you are experiencing heavy periods or irregular bleeding. You may also have pelvic pain and frequent urination.
How Can We Help?
If you have to get any of the procedures mentioned above, Women for Women has you covered. Surgeries are done at Northwell Health at Long Island Jewish Medical Center in the main operating room. Northwell Health at Long Island Jewish Medical Center is committed to women’s health with high-end services that provide patients with the highest level of support and care.
Contact The Best obgyn in Nassau County
If you want to learn more about the hospital procedures we provide here at Women for Women Obstetrics and Gynecology, call us today! It is important to address your gynecological needs, whether pelvic pain, heavy bleeding, frequent urination, or irregular menstrual cycles. Our Women for Women Obstetrics and Gynecology team, the best obgyn in Nassau County, is committed to improving your overall health. Schedule your appointment with the best obgyn in Nassau County today!